Young People’s Concert: Celebrate Alabama
WhereSamford University Wright Center Map & Directions
- Christopher Confessore Conductor
- Bobby Horton Special Guest
Alabama dares to sing in this musical celebration of our State’s history. Sing a long as we explore the rich diversity of Alabama’s historic and musical tradition. This program features our story and our orchestra!
At the concert your students will:
- Hear the instruments that make up the orchestra
- Learn how composers express ideas in music
- Be introduced to traditional Alabama music in addition to the music of iconic symphonic composers!
- Sing-a-long with the Orchestra!
Complimentary teacher resource guide will provide activities that:
- Meet State and National Music and cross curricular connections
- Explore how composers express ideas in music and Alabama's musical tradition
- Introduce students to the instruments of the orchestra
- Prepare students to sing along at the concert
- Reflect on what it means to be from Alabama
- Provide program and composer information
Questions? Contact Deanna Sirkot, Director of Education, at 205.314.6936 or via email.