Join Sound Investment with composers Martin Kennedy & Alexander Mansour!
For over 12 years the ASO and our Sound Investment program have been committed to nurturing the fruition of brand-new orchestral repertoire. This year, our Sound Investment program will feature the world premiere of works from Alabama native Martin Kennedy and Los Angeles based composer Alexander Mansour! Through this program, patrons will have the unique opportunity to witness the creation of a classical score from the beginning of the creative process to a polished product. Join the Orchestra for a schedule of innovative and interactive events with virtual salons, Q&A sessions, and a digital premiere.
Sound investment members enjoy these unique perks:
- Co-commission two new works for orchestra
- Go "behind-the-scenes" to learn the creative process
- Get to know the composers and their work at two exclusive virtual Salons
- Attend two exclusive live performances of the commissioned works before the public premiere
- Receive copies of the scores with your name listed as a commissioner
- Receive a bottle of DuMol 2016 Highland Divide Pinot Noir delivered to your home
Membership is $500 per person, or $1,000 per couple.
The Orchestra is proud to welcome Alabama native Martin Kennedy back as one of our 20/21 Sound Investment Composers. We are excited to share his piece, ‘Drift’ for clarinet, trumpet, and strings, as a part of the ASO’s Spring Serenades later this Spring.
Joining the ASO as one of the 20/21 Sound Investment Composers is Alexander Mansour. His piece, SPARK, composed for brass, strings, and timpani will premiere as a part of the ASO’s Spring Serenades.