Have you ever wondered what the creative process for composing music looks like? How does a composer create a musical concept, and how does that concept become a full orchestral performance? The Mr. & Mrs. William J. Rushton, IV Sound Investment Series is a unique opportunity to meet and learn about the creative process of a world-class composer and musician. As a member of Sound Investment, you will commission your own piece and receive insider access to this season’s Sound Investment composer through exclusive events and experiences.
This season’s Sound Investment Experience
The Orchestra is proud to announce ASO Conductor and Music Director Carlos Izcaray as our 23/24 Sound Investment Composer! Izcaray is composing Violin Concerto which will be performed by guest musician Tessa Lark on November 17 & 18.
Increasingly active and highly regarded as a composer, Carlos Izcaray’s orchestral work has been premiered by the Orquesta Sinfónica Municipal de Caracas, the American Youth Symphony, and the Alabama Symphony Orchestra.
Sound Investment members enjoy these unique perks:
- Behind-the-scenes access to the composer’s creative practice
- A private salon to see your commission’s progress and get to know your composer
- Lunch with the ASO and full orchestra rehearsal of your commissioned piece
- Two complimentary tickets to our Masterworks concert Scheherazade: One Thousand and One Nights, where audiences will experience your commissioned piece as performed by Tessa Lark for the first time ever
- A signed copy of the score, complete with your name listed as commissioner
Membership is $500 per person, or $1,000 per couple.
To learn more about this unique experience, please contact Joseph Wheeler at 205.314.6958 or at email@example.com